Vis-Ability

What does a bicycle allow you to see?



I'm able to see more of the backroads. I can just see more because I can travel farther on a bike than I can walking.


It is only two miles for me to get home at the shortest, but often I will take longer routes of 5, 8 or even 10 miles. Cycling is my exercise. When I cycle I enjoy the scenery. I find cycling very meditative.


I ride a bike because it saves time. It's a practical decision.


When I ride, I notice a lot of people on their phones.


I'm a freshman and I don't have car. Riding a bike is faster than walking


I notice other cyclists when I ride as well as people around me.


What I notice when I ride is all the pedestrians stepping out onto the street without looking.


I see people.


When I'm riding I don't see details. I'm more aware of what my body is doing, trying to balance, moving swiftly.


I ride my bike because it is faster.


(Married couple) We ride together for the exercise and fresh air.


I like riding a bike because I can see more of campus that I might not if I was walking. When I ride my bike, I love feeling the wind.


What I notice when I'm riding is how poorly people drive their cars.


I feel safe when I ride my bike.


I notice all the pot holes in the road and how poor the road conditions can be. You don't really notice those in a car too much.


For me, riding a bike is a visceral experience. I like that I hear everything versus in a car. I can better see all the colors around me. I also notice a lot of people with headphones. I could yell at them and they still wouldn't hear me.



I live over by White Course. When I ride home at night, I notice all the people that are walking the golf course paths at night.


I am able to observe more when I'm riding a bike.


A bike is faster than walking.


I notice the landscape. I am from Belgium where the landscape is flat with little variety. Here I notice the mountains and vegetation.


When I'm riding a bike, I'm really aware of people's movements, their trajectories which I try to predict while riding, you know, to avoid contact.